Thursday, November 27, 2008

Assignment 1 CG2 : Final Step : Work it

Here we go my first assignment that is a multi-cultural postcard.(i think so) I use everything i know about Photoshop. I assume i used. Some of the basic skills are like,layering,filter,marquee tool,type tool,drop shadow and so on.So,here,i show some screen shot of my in-the-making Malaysia Truly Asia Postcard.

Step 1:
I use marquee tool and select inverse selection to make a border around
the basic plain layer. Then,i use paint bucket to fill in the color that i chose.

Step 2:
I use eraser to erase the foreground of the hibiscus layer and
drag it to the basic plain white layer of my 8" x 6" postcard.

Step 3:
I took the picture of Jalur Gemilang and use the horizontal
type mask tool to cut a words to be use in the postcard layer.

Step 4:
In this step,i use the same step that i use in the 2nd step. I erase
the foreground of the maps layer and drag it to the postcard layer.

Step 5:
Then,i took all the pictures that i will put in my postcard and change the
size and dimension of the layer so all layer/pictures will be in the same size.

Step 6:
Then,i use layer>>layer style>>drop shadow and put a shadow
behind each pictures that i already drag to the posrcard layer.

Step 7:
Next,i use horizontal type tool to place a name under each picture.

Step 8:
Here i add the layer of the girls wearing traditional malaysian costume
and i use horizontal type tool to write the 'truly asia' word under
the Malaysia word that i get from using horizontal type mask tool.
I also drag the logo of Visit Malaysia and look-like flag of Malaysia.

Step 9:
I use luminosity to change the look of the map and make it better.

Step 10:
I use the font name Barcoding and make a barcode
and add a price to make it look like a real postcard.

And...,Tadaa!!!

So,here is my multi-cultural Malaysia Truly Asia Postcard.Hope you all will like it
and vote for me. =) Please comment on my work. Thank you all. Peace and love.


-Med.

2 comments:

Melissa MJ said...

hahaha sempat letak comment. hahah. perghhhh effort buat kerja 10/10!

Arief Sofian said...

...nice work laa med! kemas and byk pics...tgk makanan terus lapar...wuu wuu...keep up the good work...